Vivek Prasanna is an Indian actor who works in the Kollywood (Tamil-language) film industry and mainly performs supporting roles. He became well-known for his role as ‘Vinoth’ in the film “Meyaadha Maan.”
Vivek Prasanna was born on Monday, 15 September 1986 (age 36 years; as of 2022) in Chinnanur village near Salem in Tamil Nadu, India.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Vivek Prasanna’s family hails from Salem, India.
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Rathinam C, and his mother’s name is. Vivek’s younger brother, Kartik Netha, is a poet and lyricist.
Wife & Children
Vivek Prasanna is married to Raji Vivek Prasanna and has a son named Niranjan Prasanna.
Vivek Prasanna made his debut in 2015 with the Tamil language film ‘Bench Talkies,’ a composition of six short films directed by Karthik Subbaraj, Anil Krishnan, Gopakumar, Charukesh Sekar, Monesh, and Rathna Kumar. Vivek appeared as ‘Vinodh’ in the film.
Vivek Prasanna appeared in other films such as in ‘144’ (2015) as Chetta Hench Man, ‘Sethupathi’ (2016) as Madhivaanan, ‘Vikram Vedha’ (2017) as Ravi, ‘Petta’ (2019) as a college professor, ‘Soorarai Pottru’ (2020) as Sebastian, and many more.
In 2019, he appeared on television for the first time in a reality show titled ‘Madras Meter Show’ as a guest. The show was broadcasted on Zee 5.
In 2020, Vivek Prasanna debuted with the role of ‘Maadhavan Raamamirtham aka Maadhu’ in the rom-com web series ‘Triples.’
Vivek appeared in other web series including ‘Kannamoochi’ (2020), a Tamil language horror web series, ‘November Story’ (2021), and ‘Kaiyum Kalavum’ (2022).
- In 2017, Vivek Prasanna was awarded the Vijay Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in the rom-com ‘Meyaadha Maan.’
- In 2021, Vivek won the Fab Stars Iconic Award for the best versatile actor.
- According to sources, Vivek Prasanna was noted as the fit for the role of ‘the main henchman’ by a critic from ‘Indiaglitz.’
- Reportedly, Vivek initially refused to play the role of Vinoth in the film ‘Meyaadha Maan.’ The director of the film, ‘Rathna Kumar,’ however, convinced him to play the role as he somehow knew that Vivek was a great choice for that role.
- In an interview, Vivek Prasanna revealed that having his first big-screen love segment was one of the most challenging roles. While sharing his experience of working in ‘Meyaadha Maan,’ Vivek Prasanna said,
I did have some apprehensions as to the audience’s reaction, but Rathna Kumar (the director) convinced me that all it takes is one moment for an individual’s feelings to change from platonic affection to love. I was very happy to see that the audience bought the love track.”