Samiksha Pednekar is an Indian lawyer, model, social media influencer, and entrepreneur. She is the sister of Indian actress, Bhumi Pednekar.
Samiksha Satish Pednekar was born on Tuesday, 23 February 1993 (age 29 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Pisces. Samiksha completed her schooling at Arya Vidya Mandir in Juhu, Mumbai. In July 2013, Samiksha enrolled herself in the
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Medium Golden Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 33-26-34
Samiksha’s father is of Konkani descent, and her mother is of Haryanvi descent.
Parents & Siblings
Samiksha’s father, Satish Motiram Pedneker, was a former home and labour minister of Maharashtra.
He died on 23 March 2011 after fighting oral cancer for years. Her mother’s name is Sumitra Pedneker, a social activist, who works to promote anti-smoking campaigns. On 30 May 2015, Sumitra, along with four other women, who suffered the loss of their husbands due to oral cancer, wrote a letter to Narendra Modi, the 14th Prime Minister of India, to ban the production and illegal smuggling of tobacco. In the letter, she wrote,
My husband’s illness happened because of his addiction to mawa, a mix of chewing tobacco and pan masala. In his last few months, my husband could not swallow even watery dal-khichdi. My husband was a tobacco, paan and alcohol user. This lethal combination, his poor appetite and his strong-headedness was the primary reason for his cancer.
Samiksha has an elder sister, Bhumi Pednekar, an Indian actress.
As of 2022, Samiksha is unmarried.
Samiksha’s maternal grandfather, Dayachand Hooda, served as a Major in the Indian Army.
Reportedly, Samiksha was in a relationship with Amit Patil, a lawyer in Mumbai. Both studied law at the same college, J
Samiksha Pednekar follows Hinduism.
As a lawyer
While completing her degree, Samiksha worked as an intern with Ketto for a period of two months (January 2014-February 2014) in Mumbai. In July 2014, she worked as a legal intern under the mentorship of Senior Advocate Arvind Singh at the Punjab and Haryana High Court in Chandigarh. In August 2014, Samiksha was offered to assist Dr Ashley Tellis as an undergraduate teaching assistant at the
As an entrepreneur
On 3 December 2021, Samiksha was appointed as a director at 1 Earth Films Private Limited. On 5 January 2022, she was appointed as a director at Pednekar Industries Private Limited in Mumbai. On 8 April 2022, Samiksha was appointed as a director at Askimas Beauty Private Limited.
- Christ University in Bangalore
- Holiday Destination: London
Samiksha has a tattoo of a bird on the wrist of her left hand.
- Samiksha is fondly called Samu by her friends and family members.
- Samiksha follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Samiksha has a pet dog, and she often shares pictures with her pet on social media.
- Samiksha is a fitness enthusiast, and she often posts pictures and videos of her workout regime on social media.
- Samiksha and Bhumi are often confused as twins, but Bhumi, in an interview, cleared the air of rumours and said,
Everybody thinks we (Samiksha and she) are twins. We are not twins, I just want to put it out there. My younger sister Samiksha and I are not twins- we are best friends, we are soulmates, we are partners in crime, we are business partners.
- Samiksha was featured on the cover page of a few magazines like HT Brunch and Grazia.
- Samiksha is often spotted consuming alcoholic beverages along with her friends at parties and events.
- Samiksha is fond of painting, sketching, and travelling.