Kelly Rizzo is an American actress, television host, radio contributor, and food and travel blogger. She is well-known for being the host and creator of the American entertainment series ‘Eat, Travel, Rock’ (2014). Kelly is the wife of the American stand-up comedian, actor, and television host Bob Saget.
Kelly Rizzo was born on Saturday, May 19, 1979 (age 43 years; as of 2022) in Chicago, Illinois. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. Her family has its roots in Sicily. Kelly attended The University of Iowa, Iowa, from 1997 to 1999 to pursue a degree in Italian Journalism. She then enrolled herself at DePaul University, Chicago, to pursue a B. A. in Communications. Later, she moved to Los Angeles and got settled there.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 55 Kg
Hair Colour: Pure-Diamond
Eye Colour: Dark Green
Figure Measurements (approx.): 32-28-34
Kelly Rizzo belongs to a Christian Family.
Parents & Siblings
Kelly Rizzo is the daughter of Santo Rizzo and Sharon Rizzo. Her parents are into a real estate family business. She has two sisters Kimberly Rizzo (businesswoman) and Kristin Rizzo (writer).
Kelly met Bob Saget, an American stand-up comedian, actor, and television host, through a mutual friend in 2015. Soon, the couple started dating each other. Kelly got engaged to Bob in 2017. The following year, on 25 October 2018, the couple tied the knot at Shutters on the Beach in Santa Monica, California.
Saget proposed Rizzo while watching the Netflix series ‘Strange Things.’ Sharing a picture of their wedding on Instagram, Saget wrote,
Okay, so we went and did it. And damn are we happy.”
He further wrote,
I got up to the restroom, and I opened the safe and I took out the ring that I had been hiding for four days and I got on one knee. And she said, ‘What are you doing?’ She got very emotional and so did I. I tried to put it in words that make sense. I adore her. She’s fantastic and I am a very lucky man.”
Prior to Kelly, Bob was married to Sherri Kramer (American Screenwriter) for around 15 years. Kelly has three step-daughters from Bob’s first marriage- twins, Aubrey Saget and Lara Melanie Saget (born on October 16, 1989) and Jennifer Belle Saget (born on November 18, 1992).
Her husband, Bob Saget, died on 9 January 2022 (aged 65 years) from a brain bleed caused by head trauma that occurred after he checked into the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Orlando, Florida. After the demise of her husband, Kelly paid a touching tribute to Saget through an Instagram post in which she wrote,
How lucky was I that I got to be the one to be married to THE MOST INCREDIBLE MAN ON EARTH. I was the one who got to go on this crazy ride with him and be in his life these last 6 years. We had that time to make each other the happiest we’d ever been and change each other’s lives forever.”
Kelly Rizzo started her career in 2005 as the Vice President of the real estate company ‘Rizzo Realty Group’ (her family business). Meanwhile, she founded Dream Town Realty along with her mother. After spending five years working in real estate, she quit her job and started out a blog ‘Eat, Travel, Music.’ Soon after her blog gained popularity, Kelly created a web series ‘Eat, Travel, Rock’ in 2013. In the series, she goes behind the scenes and interviews master chefs, rockstars, and other creative industry heavyweights, while traveling the world.
In April 2013, she worked as a host, co-writer, and co-producer for the investigative food program ‘Food Junkie: Chicago.’
Kelly hosts the radio program ‘Rocking Right Now’ on Chicago’s rock station 101 WKQX-FM. Rizzo has also featured as food, travel, and lifestyle expert in many national talk shows on channels like ABC and VH1 and on regional broadcasts like Fox Good Day Chicago and WCIU The Jam.
- TV Series: The Simpsons (1989)
- Music Albums: Nirvana, Nevermind, Fleetwood Mac, Rumours
- Restaurant: Windy City Rooftop in Chicago
- Kelly Rizzo loves traveling and listening to music in her leisure time.
- She is a food buff and loves to explore different cuisines.
- Kelly is often spotted consuming alcohol at various events.
- She is well-versed in three languages- Italian, Spanish, and English.
- Kelly is a tattoo lover and has got many tattoos inked on her body.
- In 2017, Kelly was named the Travel Queen by Modern Luxury’s Michigan Avenue Magazine for her jet-setting career. Michigan Avenue Magazine is a publication that specializes in catering to upscale readers.
- On 31 January 2022, Kelly appeared on the stage at The Comedy Store in Los Angeles for a tribute event for her husband, Bob Saget. The event took place at the venue where Bob started his career as a comedian 40 years ago. She shared a few pictures from the event on her Instagram account and wrote,
So remember when I said you’ll never see me do standup?? Well I guess I got a couple jokes in but paying tribute to my legendary and incredible husband on stage at @thecomedystore where his career began over 40 years ago was the honor of my life.”
- In December 2021, she was featured on the cover of the travel magazine ‘Room 1903.’
- Kelly follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Kelly shares a great bond with her niece Alexandra and keeps uploading her pictures with her niece on her Instagram account.
- There was an age difference of 23 years between Kelly and her husband, Bob Saget.